Bob Panich Consultancy
Type of APS
pushbutton-mounted APS with large concave pushbutton, very large,
high contrast arrow above the pushbutton, and small vibrotactile
arrow within the print arrow.
- Tone - 500 Hz with a repetition rate of 8.5 Hz - series of rapid thump sounds
- Vibrating arrow
- Pushbutton locator tone (locating tone) - 880 Hz with a repetition
rate of 1 Hz for US market or 1000 Hz with a repetition rate of .55
Hz for Australian market
- Tactile arrow
- Automatic volume adjustment
- Alert tone (transitional tone) - brief burst of 3500 tone, decreasing exponentially to 700 Hz, and then going to 500 Hz WALK tone
- Three standard settings for automatic gain control (volume)
- Cuckoo and chirp or other sounds
- Speech message as WALK indication
- Fixed WALK message length of 8, 16 or 32 seconds or WALK message can be on during the full Walk interval
- Actuation indicator (demand indicator/demand tone) - light and tone
- Long button press - allows pedestrians to request a WALK tone at 12 dB above the sound of the locator tone (Higher volume demand, HVD)
Driver unit is mounted in a housing on the pole near the pedhead, wired to the pedhead.
Automatic gain control level is set during installation.
Complies with specifications of the Australian standard; standard pushbutton in Australia
Manufacturer states that they will provide other features as needed.
Bob Panich Consultancy Pty. Ltd., Ryde, NSW, Australia