- understand what is needed to create a viable pedestrian
- find appropriate countermeasures on the basis of desired
objectives and specific location information.
- learn about the factors related to the pedestrian crash
- learn how crash typing can lead to the selection of the
most appropriate countermeasures.
- learn how selected treatments may address many requested
improvements to the pedestrian environment.
- read descriptions of the 49 engineering, education, and
- review real-world examples of implemented treatments.
- read about the necessary components for implementing pedestrian
- access additional information through a variety of resources.
- access print versions of the guide and other relevant materials.